The disAbility Law Center of Virginia today raised concerns about continuing and serious risk of harm to residents of the Hancock Geriatric Treatment Center at Eastern State Hospital.
We learned that a residential provider for children with developmental disabilities was attempting to bypass important human rights. Read more.
dLCV obtains reforms at Harbor Point Behavioral Center Changes are underway to promote and maintain patients’ dignity and emotional and physical safety.
We help with disability-related problems like abuse, neglect, and discrimination. We also help people with disabilities obtain services and treatment. All callers receive help with these problems. Individuals with problems, targeted in our program goals, may also receive advocacy services and/or legal representation.
Our Mission through zealous and effective advocacy and legal representation to: protect and advance legal, human, and civil rights of persons with disabilities; combat and prevent abuse, neglect, and discrimination; and promote independence, choice, and self-determination by persons with disabilities.
If you have any questions please call 804-225-2042 or 800-552-3962 or email info@dLCV.org
- DBHDS Individual and Family Support Program (3/2013)
- Upcoming Meetings – PAIMI, Board and Committees
- NDRN Report: Devaluing People with Disabilities – Medical Procedures that Violate Civil Rights
- Supreme Court’s Decision – VOPA’s Ability to Litigate – Related Documents
- Free Disability Rights Course
- Virginia’s Settlement Agreement with the U. S. Department of Justice