We help with disability-related problems like abuse, neglect, and discrimination. We also help people with disabilities obtain services and treatment. All callers receive help with these problems. Individuals with problems, targeted in our program goals, may also receive advocacy services and/or legal representation.
Our Mission through zealous and effective advocacy and legal representation to: protect and advance legal, human, and civil rights of persons with disabilities; combat and prevent abuse, neglect, and discrimination; and promote independence, choice, and self-determination by persons with disabilities.
If you have any questions please call 804-225-2042 (Voice/TTY) or 800-552-3962 (Voice/TTY) (Toll-Free in Virginia) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please comment on disability services in Virginia: http://www.vaboard.org/assessment.htm
- NEW! DBHDS Individual and Family Support Program
- Upcoming Meetings – DAC, PAIMI, Board and Committees
- NDRN Report: Devaluing People with Disabilities – Medical Procedures that Violate Civil Rights
- Supreme Court’s Decision – VOPA’s Ability to Litigate – Related Documents
- Free Disability Rights Course
- Report of the Independent Reviewer – Department of Justice Settlement Agreement – October 2012
- DOJ Implementation Update of the 2012 Appropriation Act
- Virginia’s Settlement Agreement with the U. S. Department of Justice